Friday, 23 February 2024
Friday, 23 February 2024

Tree-mendous collection service returns supporting children’s hospice

SHOOTING Star Children’s Hospices has announced the return of its Christmas tree collection service following its success last year.

In return for a small donation, which will go towards supporting babies, children and young people with life-limiting conditions, and their families, Shooting Star Children’s Hospices will collect your real Christmas tree this January, take it away and recycle it for you.

Working in partnership with JustHelping, a UK charity that aims to empower communities to raise money for local causes, Shooting Star Children’s Hospices will receive 90% of the money raised, with the other 10% distributed to other local charities.

What’s more, as well as supporting local families, your trees will be recycled into environmentally friendly compost by Merrist Wood College for the Guildford-based collection. For the Hampton-based collection, trees will be chipped sustainably by their other partners The Tree Agency, and Mortlake Crematorium.

Operating within a radius of their two sites, Christopher’s in Guildford and Shooting Star House in Hampton, the charity’s volunteer elves will collect trees from across selected postcodes in the GU and TW area between Thursday 11 – Friday 12 January 2024. All you need to do is sign up and register your tree before midnight on Sunday 7 January 2024.

Corporate Relationship Manager, Ellie Constable said:

“We’re thrilled to be bringing back our Christmas tree collection service for its second year and that we have widened our postcode area so we can collect even more trees and hopefully raise even more money to help the families we support. As well as a huge thank you to our main sponsors Stirling Ackroyd, we are delighted to once again have a wealth of volunteers from corporate supporters including SKY, Kier Construction and Amazon. By signing up and giving a donation for the collection, you’ll be directly helping local families across Surrey and south-west London and north-west London, helping the environment and saving the hassle and fuss of disposing of your real tree – what’s not to like!”

So why not branch out and register your tree at www.shootingstar.org.uk/event/christmas-tree-collection-service/ and help make every moment count for local families this Christmas.

Postcodes covered: GU1, GU2, GU3, GU4, GU7, GU21, GU22, GU23, GU24 and TW1, TW2, TW9, TW10, TW11, TW12, TW13, TW16, TW17

For further information, spokespeople or high-resolution images contact Aimee Royle at: aimee.royle@shootingstar.org.uk or 07794 074732.

WEEKLY DIGEST

Join our FREE mailing list and receive our Tuesday news bulletin and Thursday Charity Radio update direct to your inbox.

Related News

Skip to content