2024 is a very exciting year for us at Smile Train because we celebrate our 25th Anniversary.
That’s 25 years of providing global cleft care, transforming lives, and helping to change the world, one smile at a time. In honour of our 25th year, we wanted to highlight what we’ve been able to achieve over the last 25 years.
- Over 1.9 million cleft surgeries carried out for people of all ages.
- Sponsoring free cleft treatment in more than 90 countries around the world
- Over 2,100 medical professionals trained through Smile Train’s programs – including surgeons, anaesthesiologists, orthodontists, and nutritionists.
- Working with over 1,100 partner hospitals.
- Providing essential on-surgical cleft care services in 35 countries
None of this would have been possible without the incredibly generous support of our donors, and fundraisers – who play a very important role in helping us achieve our goal to give every child born with a cleft the opportunity for a full and healthy life.
But the work doesn’t stop there. Every three minutes another baby is born with a cleft – that’s 540 babies each day. That’s why it’s essential that we continue to deliver more cleft surgeries, partner with more hospitals globally, train more medical professionals, and provide our expertise to help transform the lives of those born with a cleft around the world. So we look forward to seeing what we can achieve over the next 25 years and beyond!
To find out more information about Smile Train, please visit: www.smiletrain.org.uk/.