‘Supporting your child with anxiety’ is an online workshop being delivered online by trauma specialists and child and adolescent psychotherapists Sue Bell and Dimitra Theodoropoulou.
Opening children’s charity, Kids Inspire’s, Week of Wellbeing, the workshop is just one of many resources and guided mindful or wellbeing activities that will be shared online 10-16 September.
We all experience stress and overwhelming feelings and the week is aimed at sharing ideas and inspiration to positively enhance emotional wellbeing, our own and that of our child.
Sue Bell, Kids Inspire’s Clinical Director and CEO, said:
“A child’s emotional wellbeing is important, now more than ever. During our week of wellbeing, our expert team have worked on some unique resources for wellbeing inspiration and we have some live online workshops that we look forward to delivering.
“It is not by accident that our annual Week of Wellbeing coincides with the big return to school. This year, in particular, we are primed ready for action and hope that all we offer during our week of awareness will help to reassure parents and carers of the professionalism and experience that our unique team can offer.”
Week of Wellbeing activities and resources include:
- 10 September ‘Supporting your child with anxiety’ – online live event
- 15 September ‘Somatic Contemplation’ – feel better through grounding and resourcing – online live event
- 15 September ‘Family nurture nests’ – creating emotional safety – online live event
- A parent centred guided meditation – an online resource
- A self-care presentation, including ideas to promote self-care in children – an online resource
- Play scenario for parents to do with an anxious child
- Connecting through nature: A mindful photo walk – an online resource
- ‘Sensory and grounding in nature’ – an online resource
Live events can be pre-registered by emailing email@example.com Kids Inspire’s social media channels will be kept up to date with more details regarding the #AWeekofWellbeing