spot_img
UK Charity Week | Sinclair Method UK
Saturday, 31 July 2021
Charity Today Awards

New report tells the story of the Coronavirus Appeal and its impact

The National Emergencies Trust has published a collaborative new report telling the story of the Coronavirus Appeal and its impact through the many voices of those who made it possible.

“Facing Covid-19 Together: Voices of the Coronavirus Appeal” features first-hand perspectives from the Trust’s eleven funding partners, fundraisers and charity beneficiaries, as well as volunteers, team members and trustees.

Since it launched on 18 March 2020 the Coronavirus Appeal has raised nearly £100million for those affected by the pandemic. Funds raised have supported more than 13,000 projects around the UK, spanning causes such as mental health, domestic violence, food poverty, isolation, bereavement and more.

The new report charts the journey of the Appeal from last March to the present day. It highlights how the Trust’s pre-existing relationship with UK Community Foundations (UKCF) and its network-enabled the first funds to reach grassroots groups within just three days of the first national lockdown.

It also covers the Trust’s efforts to balance the need for speed with ensuring equitable distribution, including the introduction of ten additional national charity partners and consortia from July last year.

The report features chapters from each of the Trust’s eleven funding partners, which outline the unmet needs they saw in their communities, how funds from the Coronavirus Appeal helped to address these – and the challenges and opportunities they see ahead.

General The Lord Richard Dannatt, Chair of the National Emergencies Trust, said:

“In the spirit of collaboration, it was only right that this report is told through the voices of the extraordinary individuals and partners who helped to bring the Coronavirus Appeal together.

“From fundraisers and funders to charitable champs, I would like to personally thank everyone who has contributed to what has been a remarkable effort this past year. They  have made a meaningful difference to people’s lives when it mattered most and taught us lessons we take forward gratefully as we prepare for the next national emergency.”

Mhairi Sharp, CEO of the National Emergencies Trust said:

“The Coronavirus Appeal has tested our resolve as a new charity. We’ve had to work at extreme speed to make decisions and create new relationships. But by putting our founding values at the heart of our efforts, and by drawing on the expertise of others with lived and local experience, we have been able to support those in urgent need right across the UK. I’m so pleased that this latest report reflects the collective efforts of those involved and look forward to building on our learnings and relationships to shape our future responses.”

Almost all funding to the Coronavirus Appeal has now been distributed to charities and groups supporting those in need. The remaining funds totalling £1.2million will help to contribute to the sector’s recovery efforts, with a funding strategy currently being finalised.

Sign up to receive full FREE access to charity news from Charity Today, UK Charity Week and the Charity Today Awards!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

1,448FansLike
2,819FollowersFollow
7,987FollowersFollow
30,586FollowersFollow
1,206SubscribersSubscribe

UK Charity Week

Related News