- £24,000/yr – £26,000/yr · Full-time
- 11-50 employees
About the Role
This is an exciting and wide-ranging role for a confident and creative communications officer, with strong copywriting skills and meticulous attention to detail, and a finger on the pulse of the news agenda, and equalities, inclusion, and representation.
We’re looking for someone with flair who can help bolster Media Trust’s marketing and communications content and outreach, as well as plan and create content for external use throughout the year including blogs, resources and case studies.
This role would suit someone with a good understanding and experience of the UK charity sector and a passion for equalities and inclusion. We are looking for a hard-working and energetic addition to our small dynamic team, to help take Media Trust’s marketing and communications to the next level, engaging more charities, communities, young people and the media and creative industry with our work and impact.
Your primary responsibilities will be to plan our scheduled communications activities, lead on outreach with stakeholders and partners, manage our case studies database and pitch stories to the media on our behalf.
- Own, maintain and create content for a calendar of events and activities, both for Media Trust programmes and general events and dates that are relevant to our work
- Provide copywriting support for external resources including web copy, blogs and our impact report
- Manage our case studies database, working with our programmes team to identify, interview and write up new case studies, both for our website and to pitch to media
- Support our programme teams with comms-focused outreach, i.e., to marketing leads at partner charities or stakeholder organisations
- Support the Head of Marketing and Communications with selling in opinion pieces and news stories to journalists, and manage the day-to-day relationships with these journalists
- Support the Head of Marketing and Communications with the review and updating of content and copy on the Media Trust website
- Support the Head of Marketing and Communications to develop and regularly update Media Trust’s position statements document
- Work with the wider Marcomms team to develop an editorial planning calendar
What we are looking for in you
- Two or more years’ experience, as a press officer, marketing professional or journalist, or an equivalent role ideally within the charity sector
- Excellent copywriting and copy-editing skills
- A proactive attitude to outreach and securing support from partners and stakeholders
- Excellent knowledge of media and communications, and how these can be used to impact positive change
- Ability to create angles and stories to pitch to relevant journalists and stakeholders
- Experience of writing for different audiences, while still retaining the organisational tone of voice
- Ability to work cross-functionally, across teams and working groups
- An excellent verbal communicator
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple complex projects and meet deadlines
The above job description is a guide to the work you may be required to undertake but does not form part of your contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
How to apply
Email a covering letter (max 2 pages) to email@example.com describing how your skills and experience match our requirements, your CV and the completed Equal Opportunities form, with the Communications Officer in the subject line.
At Media Trust, we are committed to representing the communities we support. We warmly encourage applications from people of colour, individuals who identify as LGBTQIA, working-class, disabled and those living with mental health conditions. We are happy to make reasonable adjustments for disabled applicants at any stage of the recruitment process – please get in touch to discuss.