A number of charity leaders are set to take the stage at this year’s TEDx Frensham, which takes place on 30 April in Farnham, Surrey.
The TEDx Frensham event is titled ‘Human Together: Celebrating Our Kaleidoscope’, and is aiming to celebrate diverse ideas and experiences of what it means to be human, and ultimately how our shared humanity unites us.
The event will feature a host of inspirational speakers, each chosen to represent areas of society, culture, education and science that could benefit from the diversity of thought and humanity. The aim is to share ideas and stories to challenge and shape our thinking as a strong community that can make a difference in the world, through our collective humanity.
The line-up includes five speakers from the charity sector, with a number of others heading up social enterprises or community organisations. The charity speakers are:
- Alexia Quin OBE – the director and founder of Music as Therapy International, a charity aiming to make music an integral part of care for vulnerable people worldwide.
- Ben Lindsay – founder of Power The Fight, a charity that launched in Jan 2019 to train and empower communities to end youth violence.
- Emma Miller-McCaffrey – community engagement manager for the education charity Diversity Role Models.
- Iain Wilkie – founder of 50 Million Voices, a charity aiming to transform the world of work for the 50 million adults globally who, like himself, stutter.
- Jess Thompson – founder of Migrateful which runs cookery classes led by migrant chefs who are struggling to integrate and access employment.
TEDx is a grassroots initiative, created in the spirit of TED’s overall mission to research and discover “ideas worth spreading.” As a self-organised event, TEDx Frensham is being put together by Farnham resident Joanne van Campen and a team of volunteers.
Joanne said: “We have brought together a diverse range of exciting speakers for TEDx Frensham, where we will focus on the incredible diversity of ways we share a common humanity.
“Book your tickets now and join us for what will undoubtedly be an inspiring and thought-provoking exploration of our human kaleidoscope.”
The event will take place at the Aldridge Theatre at Frensham Heights School near Farnham, Surrey. A limited number of early bird tickets are available now from www.tedxfrensham.org/tickets, with anyone who misses out encouraged to subscribe to the newsletter for updates on when the remainder will go on sale.