Carers Rights Day is a national campaign that brings organisations together to help carers in their local community know their rights and find out how to get the support they are entitled to.
Carers Rights Day 2018 takes place on Friday 30 November.
The theme for this year is Caring for Your Future.
Its aims are to:
- Make carers aware of their rights
- Let carers know where to get help and support
- Raise awareness of the needs of carers
How can YOU help carers?
You can help spread the word by sharing posters, social media posts or join in Care for the Carers events (see below).
Join Care for the Carers at an event this Carers Rights Day:
Gain skills to campaign and influence decision makers, and bring about the change you want to see for carers.
Information Morning for Carers: Monday 26 November, 10.30am – 12.30pm
Bring your questions about Welfare Benefits including ESA, PIP, and Universal Credit, from 10.30am – 12.30pm, Headway House, Jackies Lane, Newick BN8 4QX. For more information, contact email@example.com Tel: 01825 724323.
Living Well with Less Pain event: Wednesday 28 November, 10am
Care for the Carers will be hosting an information stand at Uckfield Civic Centre.
Carer Awareness Training: Thursday 29 November, 9am
Free training for all who want to learn about unpaid carers and the impact of caring, the importance of identifying and supporting carers, and carers rights. At Bexhill Town Hall, Bexhill-on-Sea, TN39 3JX. Please book in advance with firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01323 738390.
Win a car! Friday 30 November, 9am-5pm
Pop by the Care for the Carers stand in the Eastbourne Arndale Shopping Centre (which will soon be renamed ‘The Beacon’) on Carers Rights Day, Friday 30 November, 9am-5pm, to enter the prize draw raffle to win a Suzuki Celerio. As well as the car as first prize in the raffle, 10 lucky people will also win £25 M&S vouchers.
Raffle ticket proceeds go to local charities including Care for the Carers, so you’ll be helping unpaid carers at the same time!
Acute Mental Health Services East Sussex information stands: Friday 30 November, 10am-12noon
Find out more about the support available for carers of people with mental health issues.
- Chat with the Acute Mental Health Team; Sussex Partnership Foundation Trust at Hastings Kings Centre.
- Southdown Housing will host an information stand at Sussex Coast College
- Community Mental Health Team; Sussex Partnership Foundation Trust will host an information stand at Cavendish House, Hastings.
Go Italian in Hastings: Friday 30 November, 1pm
Download posters to put up in your workplace or community
Please print out any of the templates below to share online, in your office, or put up on your community noticeboard, doctor’s surgery or library. Every single poster helps raise awareness of unpaid carers.
- Download an I’m Supporting Carers Rights Day poster
- Download a We’re Supporting Carers Rights Day poster (A4)
- Download a We’re Supporting Carers Rights Day poster (A3)
- Download a Carers Rights information poster (A4)
- Download other resources like Carers Rights Day logos and social media assets from the Carers UK website.