Battersea has doubled its income through online donations after digital product studio Addition – part of agency WPN Chameleon (WPNC) – switched the organisation to its online giving platform, goDonate.
The animal charity ran a trial over the crucial pre-Christmas fundraising period after WPNC implemented goDonate Enterprise to boost digital pledges.
The split test pitted the new donation service against the charity’s previous platform during a three-week period in December 2018. These were some of the results:
- There were 63% more transactions than the old platform during the test period
- The new platform garnered 35% more income on the new platform compared to the existing platform
- Additionally, there was a sharp increase in the number of people starting and completing a donation.
Using goDonate gives Battersea a more flexible way to change campaigns depending on appeals that require support at a specific time while also underpinning a personalised experience for donors and potential donors.
Key features of the platform include:
- The ability for the charity to create campaign-specific journeys with campaign messaging throughout, donation type, flexible fields and donation amount calls to action – rather than a requirement to involve WPNC in development
- Site visitors can be directed from online advertising or an email campaign straight to a donation landing page & journey featuring tailored messaging and content. For example Battersea’s In From The Cold appeal
The charity is also currently taking advantage of goDonate’s flexibility to manage monthly donations for its Sponsor a Kennel campaign. Supporters are sent follow-up emails featuring updates about their chosen kennel or kitty cabin.
The donation platform integrates with Raiser’s Edge CRM, Rapiddata and Adestra for email delivery.
Vicky Reeves, Managing Director Digital at WPN Chameleon, said:
“Battersea wanted to simplify and improve the online giving experience for its supporters with a more engaging donation journey and offer greater choice using the latest payment technologies.
“It was also important to give the charity the flexibility of deploying campaign-specific journeys, which goDonate delivers. We’re thrilled with the test results, particularly at such an important time of year for the organisation.”
Lauren Rayner, Head of Digital, Battersea, added:
“We are really pleased to have launched the new platform and receive such encouraging initial results. WPNC are great to work with, helping us create better experiences for people who wish to donate in new and innovative ways.”
The new donation experience can be seen here: https://donate.battersea.org.uk/